Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive got my Settlement visa to UK....!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive got my Settlement visa to UK....!!!!

Hello everyone;

Ive got my Settlement visa to UK, can i do any unpaid training while i'm not allowed to work?
    please if anyone knows the answer, dont hesistate to contact me as soon as possible.

Thanks for everyone.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone sooner.
    Moderator.

Hi and welcome to the UK, hope you like it Do you mean registering for a college course or something of that type?
    If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Oh yeah, no i mean because im not allowed to work till 6months finish as a visa's terms. Thats why i was wondering if i could volunteer in something while i'm not doing anything. I was thinking to join the Special Constable or being as a seller in a Charity Shop. Do you have any information about Immigration Law?

Hope so
      Moderator.

Comment

Hi well you could see if the information you need is on this link. UK Border Agency | Settling in the UK to be honest I'm not sure where you stand on working. I think you would need a work permit, for charity work which would be unpaid I don't know if that would apply. Some charities will pay travel expenses I think.

Comment

Hi Arwen, thanks for that. i know that website and i tried to find something over there but found nothing. Thanks again
          Moderator.

Comment

Ah well, sorry couldn't be of more help. It may be worth asking at your local citizens advice bureau, if you have one near you. They are quite helpful at finding the right information regards laws and the like.

Comment

Oh yeah thats right. I tried to do so, but unfortunately, they moved out for the moment i dono know why, byt i tried to contact them. Thanks again
              Moderator.

Comment

That may be due to government cutbacks...shame.

Comment

Aww yeah, that is shame. But i hope to hear from them.
                  Moderator.

Comment

Just another thought on this in order to be able to work you should have a National Insurance Card, if you have not already got one then think of applying for one. They will be able to tell you if you are entitled to work on the visa you have or not. Try this link.

Applying for a National Insurance number : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen View Post
                      Just another thought on this in order to be able to work you should have a National Insurance Card, if you have not already got one then think of applying for one. They will be able to tell you if you are entitled to work on the visa you have or not. Try this link.

Applying for a National Insurance number : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits
                      Thnak you so much Arwen, that's helpful. My fiancee and i were thinking of that before. I will see the website and hope to hear good news .
                      Moderator.

Comment

What type of work are you looking for? Or is it jus a case of anything that comes up.

Comment

I really don't know yet. I've written down many types of work. But still havent decided yet. Ihave to get married first, then i apply for 2years extension, at that time i can start working. Thank you for your concerning .
                          Moderator.

Comment

Well good luck with your plans. Are you planning to get married in UK or Morocco?

Comment

In UK, that's why i'm here . Getting married in Morocco is so complicated and takes more time. But in UK, it's simpler and quicker
                              Thanks
                              Moderator.

Comment

Working...
                              X