Hello I'm new...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello I'm new...

Hello I'm jihane, 19yrs old and I'm a Moroccan frOm Holland. I was wondering how many Moroccan people are living in the US. I know, its not the same as in Holland. Because the differences between Holland and France are realy big. But, what about the US..?

I think, Moroccan in the US have a normal life, no racism, no negative news, etcetra.
    And I think you all have family in Holland, because the first place they go is Holland. hahaha XD (just kidding).

Anyway let me know:-). Sorry about the Spelling, I'm still working on my English. XD
    ...If you want to be succesfull, you have to resist love... Jihane S.

The Netherlands, 荷兰, Niederlande, Pays-Bas, Hollanda, Hollandiya, Nederland, Нидерланды, オランダ, هولندا

Hi and welcome I should say there must be a sizable population of moroccans in the US, as it is a melting pot of nationalities. Weather or not they have to deal with racism or not...who knows. Unfortuantely racist people exist everywhere. I live in the UK where we also have a melting pot of nationalities...which I think is a good thing.

Hope you enjoy the forum and stick around and post. How did you end up in Holland? and do you like it there? ...........sorry me being nosey.LOL
    If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen View Post
      Hi and welcome I should say there must be a sizable population of moroccans in the US, as it is a melting pot of nationalities. Weather or not they have to deal with racism or not...who knows. Unfortuantely racist people exist everywhere. I live in the UK where we also have a melting pot of nationalities...which I think is a good thing.

Hope you enjoy the forum and stick around and post. How did you end up in Holland? and do you like it there? ...........sorry me being nosey.LOL
      Most Moroccan in Holland Are criminals unfortuantely, the dutch people thinks every Moroccan boy or girl is like that... So what I mean... Racism againt moroccan, not other cultures.
      Well I'm the second generation, my dad and mom came to holland 25years ago. I'm glad I live in Holland, I get english, french and spanish at school, and dutch is an economic language, so that a good thing :-p. Haha.

The Netherlands, 荷兰, Niederlande, Pays-Bas, Hollanda, Hollandiya, Nederland, Нидерланды, オランダ, هولندا

Comment

I think there are quite a few Moroccans round the Washington DC area. Where I live there is Islamic Center and Mosque about 5 miles from where I live. It was built new. I never heard any problemswith this Mosque being built It opened in 2008. It is light green with dark green dome.Ths Islamic Center is in the town of Toms River, New Jersey. I see Mulim women sometimes in shopping mall or library and they go out usually with another wommen or alone. I have seen Muslim women and her family at the medical clinic I use.Around here it is peaceful. Toms River is nice place and many churches too. It is nice to see the Mosque. I study Islam.
        "WitchQueen"
        What can you do to compare to the Rain?

Comment

Aaah good to know! Because I wanted to visit the US, Well nice to hear that their arent problems with the mosque. I think many dutch people think that the US is even wors than holland for muslims. But again they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by _Jihane View Post
            Most Moroccan in Holland Are criminals unfortuantely, the dutch people thinks every Moroccan boy or girl is like that... So what I mean... Racism againt moroccan, not other cultures.
            Well I'm the second generation, my dad and mom came to holland 25years ago. I'm glad I live in Holland, I get english, french and spanish at school, and dutch is an economic language, so that a good thing :-p. Haha.
            Surely not most... but it is a shame that bad deeds always get a bigger press than good, which has the unfortunate consequence of giving the impression that the majority are bad, when in reality the opposite could be the norm. But good people getting on with their lives never makes news.

I'm pleased you like Holland, I liked Amsterdam and the way most people cycle everywhere, good for the enviroment and healthier than taking the car..
            If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Im serious, most are criminals... I can even give you 'figures' XD. But hey, Not my life... I dont need money to be happy. It makes life easier but not healtier or happier.

I like Amsterdam too, the people are very nice, many different cultures and did you know that 50,3% of the people living in amsterdam arent dutch... XD.

Comment

Salaam Jihane

I gather there is a fair amount of Moroccans living in the States of the United States but they are geographically dispersed and the country is so huge as you know. As someone mentioned earlier, racism exists anywhere but in the U.S. it is usually between black and white. We Moroccans look like Mexicans and/or Spanish in general, some look like Italians and so it’s hard to tell unless someone talk to you.

In general, American people are humble and friendly; they don’t judge you based on race or religion more than they do based on your personality. So it all depends on you; if you have communication and interpersonal skills, willing to learn the culture and integrate in the American society, then you are good to go, otherwise you can be very much isolated during your entire stay in the U.S.A Hope this helps.

Should you have any question pertaining to this matter; please email me akarrech2000@yahoo.com

Adam

Comment

Not the US, but close. I'm from Canada. Been here for a decade and I think it was the best decision my parents ever made.

I also have several family members in Holland and other parts of Europe. And some in the US.

By the way, Canada > US by far.

Comment

Working...
                  X