Laughables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughables

Anyone got good quotes of people who make Shakespear look like a good writer? post 'em up!

I shall set it off.

"The Picture of the Arab woman is very beautiful. Maybe she is [so-and-so] but now the camels are gone. You should have left one of them there too.I would like to have an interesting post"
    Nismo says
    Have you try Mr Muscle that will improve your cleaning skill in the kitchen .

"Not only him but all the rich blacks as well, if these men were save they could have done more for their people."

-quote from an Evangelical on recruiting new Christians
    Nismo says
    Have you try Mr Muscle that will improve your cleaning skill in the kitchen .

Comment

Arab Woman

I like to clear this up. First of all the picture of the vampires was posted on my thread and some of the other threads.

Then there was a posting of the Moroccan poster with the camels. I like to see animals. I think they are interesting. Touch them not really but see them yes.

Then the Fierce Warrior was posted along with the Rotating Globe and the Jewel. I liked that. This artwork is deleted.

All the Moroccan posters were deleted and the Arab Woman was posted. She is very pretty. I don't know who posted her and I do not really know if she is truly Arab or a Mexican woman in Arabic clothing.

Steve's print smacks of Nazism so I am not interested in that. He is kind of vulgar.
      WitchQueen

Sometimes I don't write perfectly clear. Please excuse.
      "WitchQueen"
      What can you do to compare to the Rain?

Comment

Camels

I changed my mind, I like the camels I would pat them, horses are good, sheep and goats, I would pat them and I like to see cats, they are interesting. Snakes and bugs can stay away.
        "WitchQueen"

Comment

I only know "To be or not to be, that is the question."

Adonis, you are probably a "Time Traveler", too. Bravo to Shakespeare.

MythicalRose alias
          WitchQueen
          "WitchQueen"

Comment

The Warlock

The story of the WitchQueen, Ishtar puts her with the Warrior King. He could be a Warlock. The planet is Xanthia, the most beautiful planet in the Universe. The WitchQueen and the Warrior King both have magical powers. The King has an army of warriors. The Queen has a black Crescent Moon and a Star on her right side of her face. She has dark reddish brown hair with braids. I do not have a name for the King yet.

Nice to meet you. I suspected you were mythical.

WitchQueen alias
            MysticalRose

"WitchQueen"

Comment

Adonis

You are truly eloquent I must say. I do not remember what you are the god of.

Perhaps you have played Shakespeare somewhere or some other kind of classic.

Soul shattering!

The WitchQueen of Xanthia
              "WitchQueen"

Comment

Sweetness

Hello Adonis, I just like to tell you, you are very sweet. I'll have to find out which god you are. Thanks for the warning so that I should watch out for myself. I am sure you are overpowering with your charm. Please ask Fortuna to bestow a gift. I am very sentimental.

MysticalRose alias
                WitchQueen
                "WitchQueen"

Comment

Hola Adonis,

I hate to be the one to break the news: but Zeus is not your father. Zeus had many kids but none of them by the name of Ado.

Your father is the king of Cyprus.
                  You died (so there is the proof you were not a god) while hunting. But Aphrodite, the love of your life, made a pact with Hades. So you could return every once and a while back to earth, to show her your eternal luvin'

FYI

The kids of Zeus are:

Hephaistos, Ares and Hebe
                  Apollo and Artemis
                  Hermes
                  Aphrodite
                  Pallas Athena
                  Dionisos
                  Hercules
                  Minos
                  Perseus
                  Helena and Poly-something

All by 9 different women

Comment

Sounds like a plan! I might take that one up as a hobby!

Maybe you can pick a new hobby too? Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't you read up on your mythology a bit. Because your lack of knowledge on it, is indeed LAUGHABLE!

Great contribution to this thread! Let us big it up for Ado!

Comment

About Adonis

Adonis is a complex figure, for the outlines of his tale were fully as a part of the sub-Olympian Greek mythology by Greek and Roman authors, and yet he also retains many deep associations with his Semitic origins. The name "Adonis" is a variation of the Semitic word "Adonai", which means "lord", and which is also one of the names used to refer to YHWH in the Old Testament.

At the beginning of his appearance in Greek myth, there is some confusion as to his parentage and his birth. Hesiod considers this Greek hero to be the son of Phoenix and Aephesiboea, while Apollodorus calls him the son of Cinyras and Metharme. The generally accepted version is that Aphrodite compelled Myrrha (or Smyrna) to commit incest with Theias, her father, the king of Assyria. Her nurse helped her with this trickery to become pregnant, and when Theias discovered this he chased her with a knife. To avoid his wrath the gods turned her into a myrrh tree. The tree later burst open, allowing Adonis to emerge. Another version says that after she slept with her father she hid in a forest where Aphrodite changed her into a tree. Theias struck the tree with an arrow, causing the tree to open and Adonis to be born. Yet another version says a wild boar open the tree with its tusks and freed the child; this is considered to be a foreshadowing of his death.

Once the child was born Aphrodite was so moved by his beauty that she sheltered him and entrusted him to Persephone. She was also taken by his beauty and refused to give him back.

The dispute between the two goddesses, in one version, was settled by Zeus; in others it was settled by Calliope on Zeus' behalf. The decision was that Adonis was to spend one-third of every year with each goddess and the last third wherever he chose. He always chose to spend two-thirds of the year with Aphrodite.

This went on till his death, where he was fatally wounded by a wild boar, said to be caused by Artemis. In some versions his death was caused not by Artemis, but by Aphrodite's lover, Ares, who was jealous of Adonis. Apollo is also said to be responsible because his son, Erymanthus, had seen Aphrodite naked and she blinded him for it. The story of Adonis provides a basis for the origin of myrrh and the origin of the rose, which grew from each drop of blood that fell.

The story of Adonis, despite its variants, is certainly another example of the dying vegetation god (see: Tammuz). The close association with Aphrodite or Persephone also brings his myth into line with the many other mated couples, where the male partener dies and is reborn, that is spread across North Africa and the Near East.

Comment

Re: About Adonis

Originally posted by Ilyes

Adonis is a complex figure, for the outlines of his tale were fully as a part of the sub-Olympian Greek mythology by Greek and Roman authors, and yet he also retains many deep associations with his Semitic origins. The name "Adonis" is a variation of the Semitic word "Adonai", which means "lord", and which is also one of the names used to refer to YHWH in the Old Testament.

At the beginning of his appearance in Greek myth, there is some confusion as to his parentage and his birth. Hesiod considers this Greek hero to be the son of Phoenix and Aephesiboea, while Apollodorus calls him the son of Cinyras and Metharme. The generally accepted version is that Aphrodite compelled Myrrha (or Smyrna) to commit incest with Theias, her father, the king of Assyria. Her nurse helped her with this trickery to become pregnant, and when Theias discovered this he chased her with a knife. To avoid his wrath the gods turned her into a myrrh tree. The tree later burst open, allowing Adonis to emerge. Another version says that after she slept with her father she hid in a forest where Aphrodite changed her into a tree. Theias struck the tree with an arrow, causing the tree to open and Adonis to be born. Yet another version says a wild boar open the tree with its tusks and freed the child; this is considered to be a foreshadowing of his death.

Once the child was born Aphrodite was so moved by his beauty that she sheltered him and entrusted him to Persephone. She was also taken by his beauty and refused to give him back.

The dispute between the two goddesses, in one version, was settled by Zeus; in others it was settled by Calliope on Zeus' behalf. The decision was that Adonis was to spend one-third of every year with each goddess and the last third wherever he chose. He always chose to spend two-thirds of the year with Aphrodite.

This went on till his death, where he was fatally wounded by a wild boar, said to be caused by Artemis. In some versions his death was caused not by Artemis, but by Aphrodite's lover, Ares, who was jealous of Adonis. Apollo is also said to be responsible because his son, Erymanthus, had seen Aphrodite naked and she blinded him for it. The story of Adonis provides a basis for the origin of myrrh and the origin of the rose, which grew from each drop of blood that fell.

The story of Adonis, despite its variants, is certainly another example of the dying vegetation god (see: Tammuz). The close association with Aphrodite or Persephone also brings his myth into line with the many other mated couples, where the male partener dies and is reborn, that is spread across North Africa and the Near East.
                        Yes
                        and he's got a tiny peeny!

Comment

That's what I was thinking, beautiful to look at but a tiny p

Comment

Adonis

Hi Llyes, Thank you for your information about Adonis. I am sure he is happy. I knew he had curly hair. I thought he was a Roman god but I see he is Greek. I will read the story again.

You guys are mean, I think.

So I see Adonis is now reborn or else he is today a ghost from the past. I'm sure he will be happy about this information.

WitchQueen
                            "WitchQueen"

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard this much horse s hit come out of one persons' mouth

You're giving us all a bad name dude

Comment

Working...
                              X