question 4 those who know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question 4 those who know

last couple of days my cars been getting a sort of tak tak tak noise, dunno where its coming from, but when i accelerate the tak tak tak gets faster, and then as im slowing down the tak tak tak gets slower, the noise comes and goes, i had it all the way to training yesterday but on t he way back it was gone.

Any ideas ma peoples?
    www.northafricaonline.com

That happened to me once, but then I found out that my spare tyre was stolen, just go up and check them up

Comment

The exhaust can make that noise when its about to go

Comment

hmmm, on a 2001 Golf??

Comment

Doesnt it have an exhaust?

Comment

since when does a female know about cars?

Comment

THIS IS WHERE I FIND THE EXHAUST........ RIGHT GHAZALA??

Comment

Casbah check it isn't a depressed northerner
                chucking himself under thy stelth

Comment

I think the problem you may have is either the tappets are worn out, or you have a broken piston ring.. does it happen when the car is in neutral and you rev the engine? is you oil level ok?

Comment

Aswad you speaky the Anglais
                    like a native sonny boy

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhh Raz...don't say all my secrets, please

Comment

is it a diesel or petrol engine?

I think Aswas has already mentioned the obvious..open the bonnet and ask someone to rev the engine, try and see where the noise is coming from ie the engine itself or somewhere else...

Comment

Pistons don't make a constant rattling noise - its generally a quick blast when you turn the ignition. Still check because you can change them easily.

Could also be the carborrettor (spelling ). Again, easy to check.

As for Women not knowing anything about a car; trust me Casbah, this may come as a surprise to you but some do. They can even do DIY with industrial equipment rented from the local HSS. BTW, not funky mannish lesbians. Normal everyday women Funny that eh?

Comment

broken piston ring will make constantant ticking noise... so too can blocked hydraulic lifters.. if you have dropped a valve that will make a constant knocking noise and you will loose power...

Modern sare dont have carbs, they use multi point fuel injection, or at minimum single point.. carbs were junked as long ago as early 90's on many mass produced cars to comply with the ever strict emissions set by the EU.

Ghazalla!!, you know more than most girls, im impressed

for the ladies who dont know what a piston is...they are on the yellow plastic bag. connect to the con rods..

Comment

I know because my first car was a pile of cr@p & you HAVE to learn. Plus having no boys in the family means you learn the lot

Comment

Working...
                              X