Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moroccan Divorce

Salamu aleikum,

I found myself in some kind of weird situation. My husband and I are both Moroccans but have American citizenships and live in the US. We have a son who is 3 years old and I am expecting another baby soon. I just found out that he has a girlfriend in Morocco (he travels there a lot for biz) and from what I found, it seems to be quite serious and I wouldn't be surprised if he divorced me and married her.

We do not have a Moroccan marriage certificate and I wonder if he decided to live in Morocco and we go divorced in the US, would I get child custody according to Moroccan law. I am afraid he would report his children as abducted and I would lose them if I ever enter Morocco, since I don't plan to move to Morocco also.

Also, almost all our money is in Morocco, we have a shared account but I wonder if we were to get divorced, do I have a right to any of it? Especially if I don't plan to live there?

I never lived in Morocco and would be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks a lot!

the best thing to do is to contact the moroccan consulate and ask to speak to the 3edoul, they will take it from there.
    Private Message
    Email

mIRC Chat

Comment

It's almost impossible to contact the consulate in NYC. They never pick up the phone.

Does your husband have a 7ala madaniya with your marriage or do you only have an American civil marriage/

If that's the case your children are not legal children in Morocco, so you don't have to worry too much about custody.
      If you have joint accounts in Morocco... well that could be a problem. Do you have an account dirhams convertibles then? If that's the case you may withdraw from it outside of Morocco at the local brench of that bank.

The whole situation you found out is ofcourse a drama. But first you have to make sure the situation you assume there is, is a fact and then take it from there. There is a solution to any kind of material problems.. but not always there is a solution to problems caused by things of heart.

Comment

I am married to a moroccian man I am american I want to get divorced. We married in Morocco..any suggestions on how to do this?

Comment

Where is the husband? He's still in Morocco?

Comment

Did he marry you for Green card?

Comment

Get a lawyer ...........and pay him Alrachoua..means ...good money....and you will get divorce within a month ...good luck...

Comment

iT IS DESTURBING HOW THESE MEN THINK THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO COME INTO WOMENS LIVES AND DESTROY IT FOR THEIR OWN BENIFIT. ACTUALLY IT IS PATHETIC, THE WAY THEY HAVE TO USE THE "WEAKER" SEX - LIKE MOST SEES US

Comment

It's also disturbing that women allow thmselves to be used in such a way. We are only the weaker sex because men tell us that is so. Physical strengh is one thing but women are far stronger and have far more endurance than any man. We must have to put up with their crap!!!!
                  If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Working...
                  X