Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage in the UK

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Moroccans visiting the UK with a tourist visa can marry during their stay? If yes, do they marry in the Moroccan consulate? Can they complete both the legal and religious marriage there? If you have any experience or information about this procedure please reply. Thanks in advance

The Moroccan Consulate won't marry people who do not have stay here. Visitors to the UK are specifically excluded as they are not resident here or registered with the Consulate. They enforce this rule - it's not something they will ignore.

Same applies with getting married in a Registry Office in the UK - the Visitor will need Home Office permission or a specific Marriage Visitor Visa.

Advise your friend to stay in Morocco & apply for the correct visa.

Comment

go to ireland, lots of passports to be had there.
      www.northafricaonline.com

Comment

As far as I know, they've tightened up the rules about automatic passports for children born there there too so better be quicker before they change the marriage rules too

Comment

Yeap Ghazallah right
          [Woman was made from the rib of man. She was not created from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be stepped upon. She was made from his side to be close to him, from beneath his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him..]

Comment

Originally posted by lilii
            Hi all,

Does anyone know if Moroccans visiting the UK with a tourist visa can marry during their stay? If yes, do they marry in the Moroccan consulate? Can they complete both the legal and religious marriage there? If you have any experience or information about this procedure please reply. Thanks in advance
            you cant marry with a tourist visa ,,,you will need to apply for a visa saying you want to marry in uk but you will have to provide lots of papers ,and hav a house and a job.plus bank statments

Comment

should i marry in morocco or uk

im a wowam living in the uk,,my fiance is a moroccion man,we are just about the start applying for his fiance visa for us to marry here in uk,,in getting real scared they wont give him visa,,can any one tell me please if i would be better getting married there in morocco,,,and it would give him a better chance on getting this visa,,or are my chances just going to be the same...married ro not,,,iv got all my paper ready for consulate ,,,,,,,,: thanks xxxx

Comment

Doesn't matter whether you're married here or there; the Rules are the same.

The KEY thing you have to remember is that they are utter pigs in Casablanca. It is no understatement. The refusal rates on marriage visas are ridiculous; especially for men. Make absolutely sure your husband has absolutely every single paper he needs when he goes to the Consulate. He will also have to wait 3 months to be interviewed. Be very prepared. If there is anything dodgy in his immigration history, he'd better have a damn good explanation for it when he goes for interview because they will latch on it like the dogs that they are. Also needs to give as much information as possible in his answers. Finally, if there are any problems with the interpreter, raise it at the interview NOT later. In fact, he should kick up a big stink & request a new interpreter. They will refuse but you have to insist.

The only way to deal with them is to know the Rules, know your rights and have your papers in order.

Comment

Visa to UK

Hello and sorry to bother you
                  but I'm a moroccan and my financée is british, I've just started applying for my fiance visa, yet it's quiet confusing to be honest with you,
                  any information about this subject is more than welcome
                  thank you
                  cheers

Comment

UK visa

Hello and sorry to bother you
                    but I'm a moroccan and my financée is british, I've just started applying for my fiance visa, yet it's quiet confusing to be honest with you,
                    any information about this subject is more than welcome
                    thank you
                    cheers

Comment

If you are Moroccan be true about the marriage, if you are not Moroccon be VERY careful who you are getting married to. Northern and Western cultures clash easily. Even if you are putting a lot of effort into to the relationship. The men can be angels until you get married then its a different story

Comment

Working...
                      X