Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying so we can bring her to the UK

Asalam walaikum Warahmatullah!

Can anyone in this forum help me with my situation?

I`m a Muslim British Citizen

I`ve been to marrakech where i first met my fiancee and im going back there again in summer for two months so i can marry her and spend the month ramadhan in marrakech.

I`m just wondering what preparations and paperwork are required for the marriage and what is it i have to do to bring my spouse to live with me in the UK?

Shukran!

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on your forth coming wedding. Hope your plans work out. Try this link for information on spouse visa's.

Advice & Help - US Visa, Australia Visa, UK Visa & Canada Immigration | Global Visas › UK Immigration

You could of course always live in Morroco. nicer weather.
    If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

lol hi there arwen. I assume your the same arwen that i bumped into in the morrocan stars forum on the "islam" section.

thanks for the link. much appreciated. Could you also help me on what paper work and procedures are necessary to have an legally recognised marriage in marocco?

I would like to live in Marrakech in the future with my fiancee inshAllah but i need to finish me studies and develop my career here in the UK first (let alone have enough funds to migrate to another nation). Plus my fiancee will able to develop her profile and career working here in the UK as an civil technician/engineer inshAllah

Comment

Originally posted by mohsin_ramirez View Post
        lol hi there arwen. I assume your the same arwen that i bumped into in the morrocan stars forum on the "islam" section.

thanks for the link. much appreciated. Could you also help me on what paper work and procedures are necessary to have an legally recognised marriage in marocco?

I would like to live in Marrakech in the future with my fiancee inshAllah but i need to finish me studies and develop my career here in the UK first (let alone have enough funds to migrate to another nation). Plus my fiancee will able to develop her profile and career working here in the UK as an civil technician/engineer inshAllah
        LOL yes it's me, the very same

Regards your paperwork for marraige, I have no experience of this as not being Morrocan or not married to a moroccan But I think you would need both of your birth certificates and passports. a CONI = Certificate of Non Impediment. I believe this you get from your registry office, it basically says there is no reason that you cannot legally marry. Like you're not already married. Some may ask for police and health checks but I'm not sure if this is always the case. If in doubt best to check with the Embassy I'm sure they have the correct and current requirements.

Best of luck with your future studies and career. I hope when your fiancee becomes your wife and gets to the UK she also has the oportunity to follow her chosen career path. I know it's not easy in the present econmic climate.
        If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Salaam everyone,
          i am a british muslim also and i have just got married there , email me and i will explain exactly what you need to do when you get there.
          zak790@hotmail.com

Comment

Baraka Allah Fik brother hani

I`ll contact you as soon as i arrive there.

Comment

inshallah my brother i will do want ever i can to help.

Comment

Salaam Alaykom brother hani

May i ask what papers the adoul (marriage guy) asked from you ? Any medical papers and so forth ? Not referring to the moroccan court btw.

Comment

salaam brother,

the best way i can explain this is:

when you go to court with your papers they will want from you 4 copies of everything 1 of them copies you take to the adoul and then you take another envelope to the police station for a interview, now after the police station interview in my case someone from the police station hand delivered a envelope to the court, once the court get this paper from the police station they sign a few papers and then give you a paper to take to the adoul, again in my case the adoul simply asked for my passport , birth certificate and something with my uk address on it , we paid him 500 dh for his pen pushing. We was then told to come back in 4 days and pick up our marriage certificate.

one thing that really annoyed me was you will see alot of people just walking aroung carrying a piece of paper or a file pretending to look busy so irratating as you know that the one thing you havent got is time.

inshallah i hope this helps you, please do not hesitate if you require any further information.
                  Last edited by hanisalaam; 15th July 2010, 22:15. Reason: info

Comment

Working...
                  X