Moroccans learn to write Berber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moroccans learn to write Berber

Morocco has been dominated by Arabic culture since the seventh century when the Arabs swept across the Middle East and North Africa in the name of Islam.

Now the original inhabitants of this country are reasserting their influence

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4502772.stm

Nicaragua

Originally posted by LalaMimi
    Morocco has been dominated by Arabic culture since the seventh century when the Arabs swept across the Middle East and North Africa in the name of Islam.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4502772.stm
    wooohoooo, finally

Comment

Socio-cultural Amazigh Foundation from Holland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear people,

I have set up a foundation with some frends to do all kinds of projects in the Moroccan Rif-mountains.

We also have set up an internet site were you can find music, pictures from hollidays Morocco, movies of Amazigh history, information about Amazigh history, geographic maps of Morocco and the Maghreb and much more!

Stichting Metalsa

Good luck to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by LalaMimi View Post

With all do respect, there is a mistake in this statement, they're not reasserting their influence but unifying the different existing Berber dialects into one official language under the name of Tamazight.

For the record i'm a moroccan with a varried background: "Casawi, Figigi, Oujdi, Sahrawi, Fassi..." the list goes on and on especially if i include my historical ancestry
        I like to think of myself as a citizen of the world, much simpler.

And i you wanna discuss influence in Morocco and base it on ethnicity, it's a pretty grey area especially nowadays.

Comment

Citizen of the world.....I like that concept.
          If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen View Post
            Citizen of the world.....I like that concept.
            Well when you think about it, all the differences that exist between us make life less boring but some people manipulate others to hate the unknown instead of being curious about it.

Comment

Working...
            X