No announcement yet.

Marrying a Moroccon-Was this going to be a REAL or FAKE MARRIAGE?-Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying a Moroccon-Was this going to be a REAL or FAKE MARRIAGE?-Please Help

I am a british citizen of Pakistani orogin born in uk, and a muslim. I would like to have as much advice as possible, regarding my relationship and whether it was going to be a fake or real marriage based on the following scenario:

some one has told me, he believes the girl I was with is 100% certain she is a fraud, scammer, gold-digger, and only wanting a British/European passport. she lives in casablanca , morocco.

He said If you don't believe me, ask others.

he believes she will not be anything but a financial burden to me based on the following examples:

shopping she made you pay for before the marriage, which was around £1,100 including around £400.00 for the jewellery,- tell me is it normal in moroccon marriage culture to allow the due to be wife to buy cloths and other materialistic things of her choice? please note this dosent include the moroccon wedding dress.

- she was expecting seperate dowry money of 10,000 dirhams, shouldnt this money of been included in the shopping she did??

and the money she asked me to send her based on her nephew being sick was around £300.00 via e-mail claiming she needs money because she lent money to her brother for his son's sickness,

The fact that I didn't stay at the girl's house, and the fact I stayed in a hotel during the marriage process and didnt meet all her family, cousins, uncles and aunties, and so on, does it PROVES it's a SCAM?

he told me in moroccon culture Because in moroccan culture, marriage is a big thing, and they make a HUGE NOISE about it.

he said Your marriage is similar to mine. where he didn't meet all the girls family, and it was kept QUIET. Why do u think that:?? It's so OBVIOUSLY FAKE.

I am really struggling to understand whether this girl is only interested in a british/european passport or not, as I have know her for over 3 years now, and have visited her about times. and she does say she loves me.

I know a lot of Pakistanis have married from there, can you advise e if you got any of this treatment as well? for example staying in a hotel during the marriage process? and not in a accommodation organised by the due to be wife?

thanks for your help

why isnt any one replying to this post???

Comment

You've paid nothing.

Are you serious in thinking the amounts you've given are anywhere near "BIG MONEY"?. Dude you sound like a cheap paki, no racist offense intended,just stating the facts as I read them.

Maybe she isn't showing you around cause you think you can buy yourself a third world bride without having to buy $hit. I feel sorry for my Moroccan sister already.

M

Comment

Originally posted by muna View Post
        Are you serious in thinking the amounts you've given are anywhere near "BIG MONEY"?. Dude you sound like a cheap paki, no racist offense intended,just stating the facts as I read them.

Maybe she isn't showing you around cause you think you can buy yourself a third world bride without having to buy $hit. I feel sorry for my Moroccan sister already.

M
        Sir- I find your comments rather despicable, rude,arrogant and offensive. Your comments on this post prove you are nothing other than a racist narrow minded bigot.

You got to realise the reason people post their stories is because they are looking for some sensible advice regarding their experiences of which they are totally unsure of based on their lack of experience of the situation, so it takes help some times from outsiders to help them decided.

Loose your hard faced image now or you will never make it.

Comment

Salam Alaykum,

Man the overwhelming majority of Moroccan girls get involved in a relationship with foreigners for the sake of papers. Take it from a Moroccan man. Dont trust anybody. And please accept my apology on the behalf of that retarted pseudopsychopathic member so-called '' muna''. she might be a gold-digger too.

Take good care of yourself and i advise you to escape before it is too late.

www.moroccanstar.co.uk

Comment

Walakum Salam freemocy,

Many thanks for your reply and note of advice.

Its a pity there are many ignorant people out there who only know ho to negatively criticise.

So u agree what I went through proves my relationship and marriage was only going to be a scam?

Comment

Salaam

8ased on my own experience i would say there are good and bad people
              everywhere. My brother once married a moroccan girl from morocco who
              turned out to be his worse nightmare. Years ago I had fallen in love with a
              very special moroccan guy from morocco. I was confinced of his honesty,
              but because of rotten apples like my ex sister in law, my parents disagreed
              on marring him.

I can only advice you to follow your heart, but still use your brains.
              Beeing in love is something beautifull, but the pain of a broken heart is something i do
              not eaven wish for my worse anemy.

Comment

Walakum salam ajar, and thank you for replying to my post,

I totally understand about using your gut instinct when assessing a situation.

Yes of course you can find a mixture of good and bad people in diffferent socities.

Without becoming personal, will you be happy to share the expericne your brother had? as this would help to compare and understand my experiene,

First of all before he got officially married to the girl in Morocco, while he was there in the country, did he stay at the girls house? or was he lodged by one of her male relatives like an uncle cousin, neighbour? or did he stay in a hotel?

Was he introduced to any of the girls extended family before the official marriage contract signing?
                such as her uncles, aunties, cousins, nephews, nieces, frinds, neighbours, grand parents, and did he meet all her brothers and sisters?

How much dowry money did he pay to her ?

Did the girl make him buy things for her before the marriage contract signing? such as cloths, jewellery etc? and how much did these value to?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Salaam

My brother's story is long and complicated. I mean it's eight years of
                  missery. He took his role as a muslim husband very seriously and he was
                  very loyal to his ex, eaventhough he got to learn a bout her shortcomings
                  at the very beginning of there marriage.

Me, my sister, my brother and my mama went to meet with her, some of
                  her sisters, her mother and a friend of her mother. Yes we did bring some
                  presents with us, but that is just part of our culture. You never go empty
                  handed when visiting someone. We agreed that the official khotouba would
                  be next summer due to lack of time as we where only on a vacation.

The next summer we went to ask for her hand. The mahr my brother
                  gave her was in jewlery and was worth a couple of thousand euro's, but
                  to be honest they never asked for that a mount. My brother gave her
                  what they asked for and as a sighn of welcoming her into the familly, my
                  dad decided to ad another expencive jewlery. They did ask for money for
                  the wedding and my brother gave them more than they asked for. That
                  same summer we had the engagement party and at the end of the day
                  her parents told mine that a wedding was not necessary anymore cause
                  the engagement party was like a wedding. For the khoutouba we did bring
                  a ring, not the official engagement ring, just an other gift. Some clothes,
                  a hole cheap a cake and some other stuff, but again they did not ask for
                  it, its just part of our culture to be generouse, but it should never be forced.
                  Poor people can give little, that shoulld not be a shame as it isn't a bout money.

At the beginning they where polite, but emediatly after marriage they
                  changed. There was no contact with my brother for years, they scammed
                  him for thousants of euro's, she never was a wife to him, they lived together
                  but she did what she wanted.

But than again i dont whant to scare you, there are good people out
                  there too. It's just difficult cause you can't look in there minds. I would
                  pray for Allah for the right decission. Salat leesteeghara can help you

and always remember that when things are not meant to be it's Allah's
                  decission: qadara Allah wa ma sha fa3alah.

Comment

Salam, Ajaar,

and thank u so juch for your response.

I am sorry to hear about your brothers experience.

By the way are you of moroccon origin? and I guess u are living in some European country?

Comment

salaam

you are welcome. Yes i am 100% moroccan and proud of it.
                      Cause eaventhough there are some crazy people among us, we
                      still have a great herritage to be proud of. I am born in The Netherlands
                      i also live there.

Hope your story ends up better than mine and my brother's.

Comment

One last thing.

I have forgotten one important thing when giving my opinion. I am
                        confinced that having a relationship before marriage is a major sin that
                        evantually will lead to something disasterouse. Simply because Allah s.w.t
                        has forbidden it. It is not the way one should follow in order to marry.
                        Allah gave us clear rules on how to deal with all causes in our life in order
                        to succeed and find happiness in life and the hereafter. The moment we
                        disobey him and go astray that is the moment when doubts, fear, sorrow
                        anger and so on take over and we and up misserable.

I do not say this to judge you, i speak from experience and my punishment
                        has beeing lost of freedom and a lot of unhappy painfull moments. I do
                        not doubt your intentions as mine where good too, but does that meen
                        that it is ok to go against everything Allah has forbidden? I mean when
                        in an unlawfull relationship like that you clearly don't speak a bout the
                        wether. Satan is there all the time and bit by bit you start saying things
                        you should only express within a lawfull marriage. So your sins become
                        bigger and you do feel guilty, but you justify it for yourself by saying
                        one day you will marry this person as you love her. You forget that Allah
                        has made those rules for a reason and he promised every one of his
                        slaves that He will punish those who brake His rules.

I still believe in the mercy and forgiveness of Allah and pray for it every day.
                        Stay a way from things Allah has forbidden and you will be happy no doubt
                        a bout it.

Comment

Originally posted by freemocy View Post
                          Salam Alaykum,

Man the overwhelming majority of Moroccan girls get involved in a relationship with foreigners for the sake of papers. Take it from a Moroccan man. Dont trust anybody. And please accept my apology on the behalf of that retarted pseudopsychopathic member so-called '' muna''. she might be a gold-digger too.

Take good care of yourself and i advise you to escape before it is too late.
                          Asalam alakum,

Many thanks for youyr reponse, so you would judge and say according to what I had experienced this was going to be a scamm?

Comment

Could be a scam, or maybe not. The fact you have feelings it may be a scam enough to ask other opinions is a sign your instincts are telling you something is not right. Only you yourself can think on the reasons why you have such doubts.
                            If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Hello Arwen,
                              Thank you for your response, you see it was simply due to my lack of experience and knowledge of the Moroccan culture is what made me question my experience.

Are you Moroccon by the way?

Comment

Working...
                              X