Arwen's Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arwen's Trips

I think Arwen can tell us of interesting Moroccan Cities she visited on her vacation. She can tell us more about her tour. What was special?
    "WitchQueen"
    What can you do to compare to the Rain?

Hello Witchqueen, hope you're in good health. If you wish to know of my travels I will share, even tho I think I have posted on here about them in the past I'm sure.

I always wanted to visit Morocco, really the desert was the main reason, it's always held a fascination for me. The first visit with my family I decided to book a guided tour so we could see as much as possible in the short time we had. So I researched some tours and decided the best company that offered what we wanted was "Roughtours". We arrived in Marrakech, it was April but the sun was hot and shining and the Riad we stayed in was in the heart of the Medina. I loved the coral pink colour of the buildings, the noise and bustle of the people.

The main square jemaa el fna, came alive at night with food stalls laden with the most delicious food...except the sheeps heads....I didn't like the look of those. Snake charmers, music, dancing and ladies offering henna tattoos. I liked best the storytellers, even tho I did not understand the language as it was in Arabic. The rhythm of the words and the intent listening faces of the crowd of local people gathered listening intently, I knew it must be a good story.

We were picked up next day and driven off on our moroccan tour, through the Atlas mountains, which were suprisingly green, I had expected the landscape to be dry and parched. There was even snow still to be seen on the peaks. We stopped at a Kasbah which looked as if it had grown out of the very earth it was made of. We called in on many little villages and were made most welcome by the people, offering mint tea and bread as refreshments.

We ended up at Merzouga, where we did our camel trek into the desert, to camp overnight at the foot of Erg Chebbie the highest dune in the Sahara. It was better than my expectations and the tents were very well equiped with comfy beds and clean linen. Also a really lovely meal followed by some entertainment from the camel boys as they played their drums and sang traditional songs.

It was a great first experience of morocco, and I knew I would be back again as morocco and it's people had found a place in my heart. I hope Witchqueen that you will one day have the oportunity to visit Morocco and experience all it has to offer yourself, I'm sure you would like it.
    If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

My second trip, we went to the coast Essaouria. It was Oct. and was very cold and windy. I think I may have to visit there in the warmer months to see it at it's best. There is a lovely Medina there, much smaller than the one in Marrakech. Its high walls in part are next to the sea and you can hear the crashing of the waves as you walk along the narrow lanes. It is renowned for it's fresh fish and has many fishing boats in the harbour and landing their catch of fresh fish. This is on offer in many of the little restaurants that are to be found and in many you can choose your fish from the display and they will cook it for you, as you watch.

The buildings in Essaouria are painted white and have blue doors and window frames, very like Tunisia. I would dearly hope to go back this year, I think I would like to see more of the coast, but also the desert would be good. The stars at night in the desert are the best you can ever see. Like diamonds on a black velvet background.

Comment

You should visite asilah, tangier, mouly yacoub (near fes) very beautiful!!
        ...If you want to be succesfull, you have to resist love... Jihane S.

The Netherlands, 荷兰, Niederlande, Pays-Bas, Hollanda, Hollandiya, Nederland, Нидерланды, オランダ, هولندا

Comment

Fez is actually top of my list to visit next. Also maybe Meknes. I would like to revisit Essaouria in the summer months to see how much warmer it is than my last visit in Oct. when it was sooooo cold!!!!

Comment

Hahahahaaha. Well you should go to ifrane than. Its even worse!! Ifrane is like europe... If you see the way they build the houses

The Netherlands, 荷兰, Niederlande, Pays-Bas, Hollanda, Hollandiya, Nederland, Нидерланды, オランダ, هولندا

Comment

I'll give Ifrane a miss, no point in going to somewhere if it just looks like Europe. I don't see the point of visiting other countries and it being too much like home. Especially if it's just as cold. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen View Post
                I'll give Ifrane a miss, no point in going to somewhere if it just looks like Europe. I don't see the point of visiting other countries and it being too much like home. Especially if it's just as cold. LOL
                Hahaha I was talking about the buildings, not the nature. But you're right...
                You could go to Ghana, bet you miss the cold weather XD

Comment

I guess living in the UK ~ where we seem to get more than our fair share of cold, wet weather ALL year round We are naturally drawn to countries with more than their fair share of sunshine where the sky is mostly blue. It's nice to remind ourselves that the pale disc in the sky we glimpse through the clouds on occasions is inded still shinning.

Then we tend to go silly and get ourselves burnt.

Comment

Haha oke, so now its raining..?.
                    The weather in Holland is very strange and odd. It was yesterday 28 degrees and today is it raining and it's cold.
                    I see people with their winter coat and their sunglasses..

Comment

The weather here is always strange and odd, not to be relied upon. Its a big topic of conversation among British people ~ the weather. we like to grumble when it's bad and if in the unlikely event it's hot for longer than a week..we also grumble. It's madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to work now. Nice chatting with you. Have a good day.

Comment

You too! . Have a rainy day XD

Comment

It's hot and sunny in the UK today.... It won't last. **sigh**

I thought it was a UFO up high in the sky shinning with it's bright light...but LO it was just the sun. I'd just forgotten what it looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen View Post
                            It's hot and sunny in the UK today.... It won't last. **sigh**

I thought it was a UFO up high in the sky shinning with it's bright light...but LO it was just the sun. I'd just forgotten what it looked like.
                            Haahahahahahahahahaha XD funny!!
                            Its also hot and sunny in Holland, I told a friend for fun its sunny because I smile... Wanna know what she told me?! She said: when Im smiling its getting hot XD hahahaha

Comment

It didn't last...rained this afternoon.

You could send us a sunny smile.

Comment

Working...
                              X