Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION FOR GIRLS IN MOROCCO

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION FOR GIRLS IN MOROCCO

    Wot and how much is the importance of education to the girls in morocco.
    1. For good job oppurtunities and as professionals to pursue a carrier
    2. For their wud be life partners
    3. For their children

    do they like to be educated and take up good jobs as professionals and how much percentage do that?

  • #2
    Education is important for everyone, boys and girls. The real challenge in Morocco is the rural education for both genders.

    Comment


    • #3
      But primarily how many girls finish school or higher school and how many end up doing colleges both in urban and rural areas.
      Is there any family influence & encouragement in pursuit of education

      Comment


      • #4
        Education

        Girls like to learn things just like the guys do. Even in rural areas reading and writing opens the door to the world. Also numbers.
        From what I understand Morocco has better educated population than other countries. I read many know two or three languages which is more than I do. I only know the English I speak and little Spanish which I picked up when I worked with some Spanish girls. Girls have their own interests and you can teach yourself a lot.
        WitchQueen
        "WitchQueen"
        What can you do to compare to the Rain?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WitchQueen View Post
          Girls like to learn things just like the guys do. Even in rural areas reading and writing opens the door to the world. Also numbers.
          From what I understand Morocco has better educated population than other countries. I read many know two or three languages which is more than I do. I only know the English I speak and little Spanish which I picked up when I worked with some Spanish girls. Girls have their own interests and you can teach yourself a lot.
          WitchQueen
          Yes i have known that quite a few Moroccans speak Local arabic. Dahreeja, berber, french, spanish, italian, and a few even go further to speak german , duch and english but learning languages is a diff thing and actually taking up education and graduating to pursue a career a diff thing.
          And i am interested to know wot no's of women educate themselves both in rural and urban areas keeping careers in mind

          Of course personal interest is key when it comes to education.

          Comment


          • #6
            Reply

            When you are able to read you learn other careerers or things of interest you might like to do. If someone has interest of something they try to continue to learn even more. We also learn much from other people which can be helpful or trickery.
            WitchQueen
            "WitchQueen"
            What can you do to compare to the Rain?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WitchQueen View Post
              When you are able to read you learn other careerers or things of interest you might like to do. If someone has interest of something they try to continue to learn even more. We also learn much from other people which can be helpful or trickery.
              WitchQueen
              Well the reason i asked this was i saw very few men and women taking up education as a tool for success in life.
              Know how from other PPl is lifes way but education is something which a child tries to take up with parents help and later extends it to the best possible career he/she chose in life.
              A woman is in more advantageous position if she has good education especially if she runs into a divorce situation which too is very rampant in Morocco for young women.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ahlam_2005 View Post
                Well the reason i asked this was i saw very few men and women taking up education as a tool for success in life.
                Know how from other PPl is lifes way but education is something which a child tries to take up with parents help and later extends it to the best possible career he/she chose in life.
                A woman is in more advantageous position if she has good education especially if she runs into a divorce situation which too is very rampant in Morocco for young women.
                Ahlam, I so agree with you on the importance of education for all, but especialy for girls in some cultures as without it they can become easily trapped in situations not of their choosing with no way out or hope to improve their lives and the lives of their children. If parents have education themselves they see it's importance and the advantages it brings even in small ways to their everyday lives. They are more likely to see the importance of an education for their children, Girls as well as boys.
                If you be loved, be worthy of love.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I feel exactly the same and very much eager to know wot do the moroccans feel abt it. How many moroccan women out there feel the need of it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Ahlam, Do you work in education? I think it is difficult in some cultures to go against tradition. Where woman are generally seem to be seen as home makers and wives. I am not saying it is this way in Morocco as I have no knowledge of their education system. Like is Education free for all and if so to what age? I do not wish to cause offence by asking this I would just like to know more of the country from any Moroccans. Amities a vous tous.
                    If you be loved, be worthy of love.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arwen View Post
                      Hi Ahlam, Do you work in education? I think it is difficult in some cultures to go against tradition. Where woman are generally seem to be seen as home makers and wives. I am not saying it is this way in Morocco as I have no knowledge of their education system. Like is Education free for all and if so to what age? I do not wish to cause offence by asking this I would just like to know more of the country from any Moroccans. Amities a vous tous.
                      I am a Business man. On m visits to morocco i was rather pained to see girls not pursuing education due to a tradition that after marriage they have to manage homes. Not that i have problem with that but in most cases a girl of 14 gets married and by 16 she a has child and also is divorced.
                      While she herself is too young to make right decisions in life , with no eduction and a babay to take care off she is at mercy of ever1.
                      Even her parents and brothers treat her as a returned burden to home and is made to work like a slave or ends up into prostitution.
                      But a educated divorcee who had a active job would not have to face such problems.
                      But like you said some traditions dont change and that makes them think that it is not too neccessary to take up good education.
                      some even think thatif your going to get married to a rich guy then u dont need a education and some men think that if they r going into business then getting a degree is not needed. Rahter they wud join business at a early age.

                      I dont mean any offence to any system in morocco.
                      Just asked th question that popped in my silly head.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arwen View Post
                        Hi Ahlam, Do you work in education? I think it is difficult in some cultures to go against tradition. Where woman are generally seem to be seen as home makers and wives. I am not saying it is this way in Morocco as I have no knowledge of their education system. Like is Education free for all and if so to what age? I do not wish to cause offence by asking this I would just like to know more of the country from any Moroccans. Amities a vous tous.
                        I am a Business man. On m visits to morocco i was rather pained to see girls not pursuing education due to a tradition that after marriage they have to manage homes. Not that i have problem with that but in most cases a girl of 14 gets married and by 16 she a has child and also is divorced.
                        While she herself is too young to make right decisions in life , with no eduction and a babay to take care off she is at mercy of ever1.
                        Even her parents and brothers treat her as a returned burden to home and is made to work like a slave or ends up into prostitution.
                        But a educated divorcee who had a active job would not have to face such problems.
                        But like you said some traditions dont change and that makes them think that it is not too neccessary to take up good education.
                        some even think thatif your going to get married to a rich guy then u dont need a education and some men think that if they r going into business then getting a degree is not needed. Rather they wud join business at a early age.

                        I dont mean any offence to any system in morocco.
                        Just asked th question that popped in my silly head.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ahlam_2005 View Post
                          I am a Business man. On m visits to morocco i was rather pained to see girls not pursuing education due to a tradition that after marriage they have to manage homes. Not that i have problem with that but in most cases a girl of 14 gets married and by 16 she a has child and also is divorced.
                          While she herself is too young to make right decisions in life , with no eduction and a babay to take care off she is at mercy of ever1.
                          Even her parents and brothers treat her as a returned burden to home and is made to work like a slave or ends up into prostitution.
                          But a educated divorcee who had a active job would not have to face such problems.
                          But like you said some traditions dont change and that makes them think that it is not too neccessary to take up good education.
                          some even think thatif your going to get married to a rich guy then u dont need a education and some men think that if they r going into business then getting a degree is not needed. Rather they wud join business at a early age.

                          I dont mean any offence to any system in morocco.
                          Just asked th question that popped in my silly head.
                          I don't think you have a "silly head" I think you see this as a problem which is dear to your heart. I suppose all anyone can do is to continue to strive to make everyone aware of the value of a solid eduction for all. But unless they see the need for it in their own minds it will always be a difficult task. But then anything that requires a degree of difficulty to achieve I think is a prize to be valued.
                          If you be loved, be worthy of love.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Tough changes to brought about need a desire form within , a statr can be given by us from other lands and then it can be pushed by the communities living there. if that happens then many girls/women will have a better std and way of living and respect.
                            Well it sure will be a prized thing to see happy faces of Ppl who were facing hardships and were used.
                            Thank you for ur keen interest and patience in replying.

                            I hope a few morrocans stir up a bit and present thier views. Men/Women both a re welcome to pen down thierr thoughts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hello Ahlam, It is always nice to exchange views. I do sometimes wonder although it is a forum on Morocco, if there are any moroccan members....or maybe they are very shy and do not like to discuss. Anyway I enjoy chatting with you. Regards.
                              If you be loved, be worthy of love.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X