• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Film about Morocco/Hollywood

Casablanca Mon Amour a documentary by John Slattery
    http://casablancamonamour.com

Storyline Synopsis

Two Moroccan college students take a journey from Casablanca over the Atlas Mountains, to the Sahara Desert with an American film crew from Hollywood.

Casablanca Mon Amour
    is a film about two Moroccan students who take a road trip (from Casablanca over the mountains, to the Sahara Desert) to visit a dying uncle. The film is about their friendship, and their discovery of Morocco—the people and places they (we) meet along the way.

Casablanca Mon Amour
    is ALSO a film about ‘storytelling’: In their journey across Morocco, the two young boys (both lovers of film) encounter monuments to American movies (Rick’s Café in Casablanca, a fighter jet from Jewel of the Nile, Ridley Scott’s Kingdom of Heaven set.). Along the way they engage fellow Moroccan’s in dialogue about their favorite Hollywood movie stars and favorite films.

Being one of Hollywood’s most ‘useful’ movie back lots, Morocco has become the set where America tells its story. And so Casablanca Mon Amour uses this ‘set’ in a playful and imaginative way to tell a new story.

Casablanca Mon Amour offers more than a dry critique of the impact of media on culture. Instead, the film takes a humorous look at the effects Hollywood films have on people’s imaginations and offers Moroccan’s (our movie set ‘extras’) an opportunity to talk back— and they do so in intelligent, witty and wildly ingenious ways.

Casablanca Mon Amour encapsulates the more complex and fractured nature of living in a world where movies and wars compete for headlines and occupy imaginations.

To see a clip of the film – go to
    http://casablancamonamour.com

At the moment we are still looking for funds to try and complete the film.

The story line sounds really interesting, keep us updated. It would be good to watch...

Comment

Interesting post dude....discussion are always helpful in one way or the other. Thanks for giving out information about movie. It’s really nice and mean full.
      Lisa Bonet

Comment

I watched the trailer and found it very blend, no dialogue nothing. I know it's a documentary but still. the music in the trailer kept jumping from one sound track to another, now, the camera shots looked good, but that's about it. I think it needs more dialogue and better sound track...just being honest as I have always been a movie buff since a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by morocconow View Post
          I watched the trailer and found it very blend, no dialogue nothing. I know it's a documentary but still. the music in the trailer kept jumping from one sound track to another, now, the camera shots looked good, but that's about it. I think it needs more dialogue and better sound track...just being honest as I have always been a movie buff since a young age.
          Honesty is always the best policy, no matter what. No point saying somethings good if it's not, no one gains. Better to honestly praise the good points and think on what could be improved upon the bad points. We learn from construtive criticism. Good that funds were found to finish the project.
          If you be loved, be worthy of love.

Comment

Working...
          X