Go Back   Morocco.com Discussion Forum > Human Rights/Droits Humains > Women in Morocco/Femmes au Maroc

Notices

~ Marriage In Morocco ~

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.44 average. Display Modes
Old 27th April 2006, 14:11

~ Marriage In Morocco ~

Marriage is highly valued and very much associated with procreation, so that marriage without children is almost unthinkable, revealed a survey conducted recently by a group of researchers for the Hassan II University of Mohammedia.

More than 90% of Moroccans, men and women, favour marriage..

A total of 1,000 people, representing all the Moroccan regions, were questioned. The criteria for choosing the population surveyed were based on the place of residence (urban/rural), gender, age, marital status, educational level and profession.

This national survey on Moroccan society's values concluded that more than 90% of Moroccans, men and women, favour marriage. Eighty five percent of them say it is preferable to marry before 25.

Early marriage is associated with women and the late one with men. Most of the population said that over 25 is the ideal age for men to marry.

By and large, the researchers reached a number of important conclusions concerning marriage, marital relations, and parental relations.

They found that both men and women felt that the most desirable quality in the spouse is the “Maâqoul” (seriousness) and obedience counts a lot in marital relations.

The results showed that girls' marriages are often arranged for her, but that most Moroccans favour free choice.

They also concluded that family solidarity enjoys a central position in Moroccans' lives. It is felt that old parents should be taken care of by their children and not by the state or charities.

The survey was designed to come up with a general idea about Moroccan society's values, concerning mainly family, tradition, religion, politics, work and leisure.

Earlier this year, Minister of Justice Mohamed Bouzoubaâ said that marriage rate increased by 3.48% between 2004 and 2005.

In January 2004, the kingdom introduced important amendments to the family code with view to enhancing women and children rights, and reinforcing family ties.

The requirements are simple, the reward is high -be prepared, think well before you die.
Old 28th April 2006, 12:48

she looks like one of the pharaons where is the rest of her body..

is she sitting down or is she inside something?

I find the tradition of moving the bride up and down very COOOOOOOOOOL I wonder if she faints at the end

Quote:
The results showed that girls' marriages are often arranged for her

Ida habbek el qmar bekmalou wech 3andek fennjoum ida malou

Old 28th April 2006, 13:25

I think she’s pulled this labsa off very well and she looks lovely. She’s sitting crossed legged on the hamaria, and it is wobbly when you walk and your head feels very heavy.

The requirements are simple, the reward is high -be prepared, think well before you die.
Old 28th April 2006, 14:28

I haven't seen a lebssa fessia worn for many years now. Everyone I know who wore it at their wedding say the same thing: it weighs a tonne and is both scratchy & hot. I do think it is one of the best wedding outfits tho'. Unique to us.

Jasmin - for a Moroccan woman, you know very little on a subject most of us know about from childhood
Old 28th April 2006, 14:46

This lebsa is very popular in the Janoub though, but not every bride can wear this outfit as you require a fuller face. I think the Fessa outfit is my all time fave.

Old 28th April 2006, 15:24

Its definitely beautiful - but like most looks, a rounder face helps carry it off. It's like takhitats; they don't look too hot on stick-thin girls. They need curves to show off the cut.

I always wanted to wear that lebssa when I got married but when I suggested it to my negaffa, she looked shocked and claimed that noone has worn it for years. My aunts said the same thing. Oh well, I guess they tricked me then
Old 28th April 2006, 16:03

aha, so this is called fessa? or lebssa?

thanx houda for ur answer.

gazela,
Quote:
Jasmin - for a Moroccan woman, you know very little on a subject most of us know about from childhood
hmm, I am not moroccan, and I don't noe nothing on ur zwaj traditions except from what I stated above and this is just normal as u might not know anything about the very special although varied traditional bride clothes of DZAYER

But I agree your takchitat are very very comfortable, I even had one for my birthday but thepicture of the bride above is a little bit tooooo big..I thot cheddat tlemsan was the heaviest!

salams

Ida habbek el qmar bekmalou wech 3andek fennjoum ida malou