Go Back   Morocco.com Discussion Forum > Religion/Religion > People of the Book/Peuple du Livre

Notices

Forgiveness in the Bible and the Koran

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10th September 2005, 00:56

Why did the God of the Bible chose to send himself/his son down to earth to die for his 'children’s' sins instead of just teaching his believers that they can simply turn to him for forgiveness when they need to repent.

If accepting Christ is your way to heaven, then what happens to those who did accept Christ and do not follow Christianity as faithfully and seriously as other Christians who do?? Do they go to heaven or hell??
Old 10th September 2005, 01:21

Rocam, the death of Jesus on the cross will make no sense to you until you understand the concept of sacrifice and blood offering in the Torah.

Remember an animal was killed (blood spilt) to provide covering (clothes) for Adam and Eve --- a symbolic covering of their failure.

The first blood offering was practiced by Abel by God's revelation, as recorded in Genesis 4.
Old 10th September 2005, 01:29

Quote:
Originally posted by Theja
Rocam, the death of Jesus on the cross will make no sense to you until you understand the concept of sacrifice and blood offering in the Torah.

Remember an animal was killed (blood spilt) to provide covering (clothes) for Adam and Eve --- a symbolic covering of their failure.

The first blood offering was practiced by Abel by God's revelation, as recorded in Genesis 4.

Symbolic or not, Almighty God is greater than all of us and above all of us in every way. God does not need to offer his blood as a sacrifice just so that a human being would believe in him.

A prophet can do the job and that is why God sent so many of them throughout time to carry his message

“You can’t understand the Bible until you become Christian” What’s new??
Old 10th September 2005, 08:57

rocam....

You are entitled to your opinion --- even the almighty will not violate that.

God did not stop Cain from behaving according to his own opinion --- but God exercised His prerogative to reject Cain's offering. Cain could as well composed the song: "I did it my way".

Fine. Do it your way, but don't presume the endorsement of God.

As for God, because He is God, He will not allow anyone to violate His will and receive blessings. Rebellion and disobedience is not tolerated. Insolence will receive appropriate punishment in due time.

The choice: you follow what you 'think' God ought to do, or you follow what God said you ought to do.

--------------------------------------------------

Very simple, yet it can turn your life 180 degrees if you grasp the concept.
Old 10th September 2005, 13:00

Now instead of answering my question, you brought up the words rebellion, disobedience and insolence as if questioning the God of the Bible was a sin.

I will do it my way and still presume the endorsement of God.

"Allah, the Exalted, has said: ` Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.’

Allah loves me and there’s nothing that you can do or say that will change that
Old 10th September 2005, 16:31

rocam...

I mentioned rebellion and disobedience in the process of highlighting a PRINCIPLE: that when God clearly shows us something, deviating from it is considered rebellion.

And yes, you can continue to hold on to what you believe is right -- even though that does not necessarily make it right. (God will show people the truth, but He is not in the businness of forcing people to accept His truth. Exercise of FREE WILL is given to man).

Allah loves Cain too; but Cain insisted on 'his own way' and presumed God could accept him so long as he offered something religious. THAT IS WHEN GOD PARTED WAYS WITH CAIN.

That is why/how many false religions have sprouted in the world --- manmade idea of God.

-------------------------------------------------------

A moment of Ijtihad: http://everystudent.com/wires/radical.html
Old 10th September 2005, 17:54

Re: rocam...

Quote:
Originally posted by Theja
And yes, you can continue to hold on to what you believe is right -- even though that does not necessarily make it right.
The same applies to you

Quote:
That is why/how many false religions have sprouted in the world --- manmade idea of God.
Martin Luther, the man who invented the religion you follow after a long struggle to find peace with his soul. Indeed, man made religions are to be avoided.