Go Back   Morocco.com Discussion Forum > Religion/Religion > People of the Book/Peuple du Livre

Notices

Why do Muslims Eat Camel Meat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th May 2004, 18:52

To Muslims camel meat is HALAL. I heard it is popular in some weddings.

But Camel meat is not Halal in the Torah. It is 'unclean' in the same catagory with pork (Leviticus 11:4-7).

Muslims eat Camel meat: Christians eat pork.
Old 6th May 2004, 21:40

hey kido

Oh yeeee I always eat camel meat at every wedding I go to its just sooooo delicious *sarcasim*

please grow up where not in kindergarden here.

Who knows what you will say next to degrade Muslims... wait let me guess that we eat humans aswell?
"A soul without love cannot be elevated to the horizon of human perfection. Even if he lived hundreds of years, he could make no advances on the path of perfection. Those who are deprived of love, entangled in the nets of selfishness, are unable to love anybody else and die unaware of the love deeply implanted in the very being of existence."
Old 7th May 2004, 05:51

NPI, I think you misunderstood my point.

There is nothing wrong or degrading about eating pork or Camel meat. The dietary laws are for Jews only. Only moral laws are for all people.

Hindus consider eating beef Haram.

God gave ceremonial rules to Jews for their preservation when knowledge of medicine and hygiene was practically unknown. If Jews disappear from earth, skeptics will say the Bible is a book of myths and fairy tales. That's why God is making sure the Jews exist to the end of time. God's name is forever linked with the history of the Jews.

The sad part is that many of them established a rigid form of religious system and refused to acknowledge the Messiah when He showed up and openly preached from the Old Testament and did miracles as proof of His divine origin.
Old 7th May 2004, 17:41

Back in the Prophets day, peace and blessing be upon him, Camels were regarded as an important asset, they were worth a substantial amount of money and at times when food was little Camels would be sacrificed for food. This practice was done by the Muslims, Jews, and Christians of that era and rarely in the 21st century do Muslims eat Camel meat, as there is no need to do so since we have sufficent stocks of food in todays society.

The Quran states in Surah Al-Hajj, Ayah 36:

"And (as for) the camels, We have made them of the signs of the religion of Allah for you; for you therein is much good; therefore mention the name of Allah on them as they stand in a row, then when they fall down eat of them and feed the poor man who is contented and the beggar; thus have We made them subservient to you, that you may be grateful."

As to the verses in the Torah u mentioned, i think these verses from the Quran can help understand them.

Surah Al-E-Imran, Ayah 93:

"All food was lawful to the children of Israel except that which Israel had forbidden to himself, before the Taurat was revealed. Say: Bring then the Taurat and read it, if you are truthful."

Also i know you disagree with me here as we discussed this topic on numerous occassions, but you are forgeting that although Muslims belive the Torah and the New Testament were reveled by God, Muslims also belive that some (not all) of the Bible were disorted over time. So when you are quoteing from the Bible to try and prove a point please keep this in mind.

This should answer your questions on why Muslims are alowed to eat Camel meat and the Muslims view of the Torah.

I assumed you were trying to degrade Muslims, as most of your posts from the past have being nothing but baseless insults against Islam and our beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him.

However it is noticeable that you are still on your mission (Crusade) of trying to prove Islam wrong, rather than trying to help build a better world together hand in hand.

Peace & Kind Regards Simon.

"A soul without love cannot be elevated to the horizon of human perfection. Even if he lived hundreds of years, he could make no advances on the path of perfection. Those who are deprived of love, entangled in the nets of selfishness, are unable to love anybody else and die unaware of the love deeply implanted in the very being of existence."